Dosha Dog™ Privacy Notice
COLLECTION OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
- Welcome to www.doshadog.com (the “Dosha Dog Site”), the site of Dosha Dog Inc. (“Dosha Dog” or “we”). This document (“this Privacy Notice”) describes how we collect, use, and share your PII on the Dosha Dog Site.
- By providing the personal information (“Personally Identifying Information” or “PII”) that is described below on or through the Dosha Dog Site, you expressly consent to Dosha Dog’s collecting that PII and to our using, storing, sharing and transferring that PII as provided in this Privacy Notice. Please read this Privacy Notice carefully so you understand just what you are permitting us to do with your PII and other information that we collect when you use the Dosha Dog Site.
- Further down in this Privacy Notice, you will see how you can contact us to manage, correct or delete your PII.
Personally Identifying Information Collected on the Dosha Dog Site
- “Personally Identifying Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. PII may include, but is not limited to, your first and last name, Social Security number, and home address. Under some privacy laws, Personally Identifying Information may include online and device identifiers such as your IP address, usage data such as your browsing history (where you came from to get to the Dosha Dog Site), protected classifications such as your gender or sexual orientation, and information about your personal preferences that may be collected through cookies and other tracking devices. This Privacy Notice refers to all such information as Personally Identifying Information or PII.
Other Information Collected through the Dosha Dog Site
- If you “contact us” via email, join our mailing list, or sign up to receive occasional emails from us, we will collect your email address.
- If you inquire about wholesale opportunities, we will collect your name and the name, street address, and tax identification number of your store.
- Any time you contact us, we will maintain records of your correspondence that will include the email address and any other PII that you included in your communication.
Information Collected through Cookies and Other Tracking Technology
- We do not automatically collect any usage or device information as you use the Dosha Dog Site, but other sites may collect such information using their own third-party cookies. (See below.)
- What they are. A cookie is a small data file that a site transfers to a user's hard drive when a user visits the Site. Cookies allow that site or third party to recognize your browser. There are three primary types of cookies:
- Session cookies are specific to a particular visit and carry information as you view different pages within a site. Session cookies expire and delete themselves automatically in a short period of time, e.g., when you leave the site or when you close your browser.
- Persistent cookies enable us to recognize you when you visit the Dosha Dog Site and remember your preferences. Persistent cookies are stored on your browser or mobile device until you choose to delete them, and otherwise typically delete themselves at expiration.
- Third-party cookies are placed by someone other than us. They may gather browsing activity across multiple sites and sessions. They are usually persistent cookies and are stored until you delete them or until they expire based on the time period set in each third-party cookie.
- How you can control cookies
- You can set your browser to accept all cookies, to reject cookies, or to notify you whenever a cookie is offered so that you can decide each time whether to accept it. Rejecting a cookie, however, may preclude you from using, or may negatively affect the display or function of, the Dosha Dog Site or certain areas or features of the Dosha Dog Site. To learn more about cookies, including how to enable cookies, change your browser settings and find and delete cookies on your hard drive, please refer to your web browser's help menus or visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- How cookies are used on the Dosha Dog Site
- Site analytics. We use Google® Analytics and other Service Providers (which term is defined below) to recognize and count the number of visitors to the Dosha Dog Site and to see how visitors move around the Dosha Dog Site when they’re using it. Cookies also allow us to keep track of preferences you specify while visiting the Dosha Dog Site, conduct general analysis and research, and identify purchases that you make in response to our advertising.
- Interest-based advertising
- We do not do any targeted advertising. If you visit the Dosha Dog Site as a result of a search on Google® or Yahoo® or another search engine, however, that search engine may serve you ads for other similar products and services when you are on other sites with their networks.
- You can choose to limit this kind of behavioral advertising by Google by going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and opting out of interest-based ads on Google. To opt out from a list of vendors in addition to Google, go to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout After you opt out, you will still see advertisements when you are online, but the advertising may not be as relevant to your interests. If you change your computer, change your browser, or delete your cookies, you will need to renew your opt-out.
“Do Not Track” Signals
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE DOSHA DOG SITE.
- With some browsers, it is possible for a user to activate a “Do Not Track” signal, to indicate that the user does not want to be tracked across the Sites that the user visits
- The Dosha Dog Site responds to Do Not Track signals. In other words, if you have activated a Do Not Track signal in your own browser, the Dosha Dog Site will block tracking of your activity on the Dosha Dog Site by Google, its affiliates, or anyone else.
We use PII and other information that we collect in the following ways:
SHARING OF INFORMATION COLLECTED ON THE DOSHA DOG SITE
- Communication. We use PII to fulfill your order, send you our newsletter if you sign up for it, and communicate with you about the Dosha Dog Site or our products. We may also use your PII to send account updates or other communications regarding your account or to inform you of any changes to the Dosha Dog Site or our products.
- Maintenance and Improvement. We use the information that we collect to analyze how our users interact with the Dosha Dog Site in order to maintain and improve the Dosha Dog Site, diagnose any problems with the operation of the Dosha Dog Site, and improve the user experience.
We may share information, including PII, with third parties, as described below:
MANAGEMENT OF PII
- Disclosure to Service Providers. To maintain and operate the Dosha Dog Site and provide the Services, we work with various third-party service providers (“Service Providers"). Service Providers include our payment processor, who will receive all of your billing information so that it can process your payment. Service Providers also include vendors and suppliers that provide us with technologies, services and/or content for the Dosha Dog Site, updating the data in the Dosha Dog Site, analytics, and advertising and marketing. Service Providers’ access to your PII is limited to what is reasonably necessary to provide their services.
- Disclosure to Affiliates. We may share information with a parent company, subsidiary, joint venture, or other companies under common control with us.
- Disclosure for legal reasons
- We may disclose your PII to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or Dosha Dog; to investigate, prevent, or otherwise address suspected fraud, harassment or other violations of any law, rule or regulation; to detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues; in response to any inquiry by a regulatory authority; or as we believe is required by law, regulation, or legal process.
- If we engage in a merger, acquisition, disposition, change of control, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding, or otherwise transfer the operations of the Dosha Dog Site that relates to your PII, we will transfer your PII to the successor entity.
- • Disclosure under the CCPA. Dosha Dog is not currently subject to the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”). If and when Dosha Dog does become subject to the CCPA, Dosha Dog will revise the Dosha Dog Site and this Privacy Notice to meet the CCPA’s requirements.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
- To keep your PII accurate, current, and complete, you can go into your account and update your information.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION
- We store PII and other information that we collect through the Dosha Dog Site on our own servers and/or on servers operated by third parties. Currently, these third-party servers are located in the United States. If, in the future, we begin to use servers that are located in other countries or in other jurisdictions, we will update this Privacy Notice. You consent to have your PII, and other information that may be collected when you use the Dosha Dog Site collected, stored and processed on servers in the United States.
- We will keep your PII unless and until you ask us to delete it. To ask us to delete your PII, email us at [email protected].
- We dispose of your PII by deleting it from the Dosha Dog Site database.
- We may transfer information that we collect about you, including PII, to affiliated entities, or to other third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
- Our e-commerce provider uses encryption to protect your PII as you transmit it from your computer to the Dosha Dog Site and as it is transmitted to our payment gateway, and to protect your information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Our payment processor uses encryption in transmitting and processing your payment information. But no Internet transmission is ever 100% secure or error-free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Dosha Dog Site may not be secure. Be careful about sending us any confidential information.
- You are responsible for controlling access to your communications from the Dosha Dog Site at all times.
- Your PII will be stored in secure third-party data centers. Nevertheless, we cannot (i) ensure or warrant the security of any PII that you transmit when you use the Dosha Dog Site or (ii) guarantee that information stored on or transmitted through the Dosha Dog Site may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed. If any PII under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation, and where appropriate, we will notify those individuals whose PII may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
CONTACT INFORMATION, MANAGEMENT, CORRECTION AND DELETION OF PII
- We do not knowingly collect PII from anyone under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with PII, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the child's account.
- If you are a parent and you become aware that your child has provided us with PII without your consent, please contact us at [email protected] and we will take steps to remove such information and close the child’s account.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
- You can change any of your PII that you have provided to us by going into your account or emailing us at [email protected].
- For questions about this Privacy Notice and how your PII may be collected, stored, used, and shared, please contact us by email at [email protected]
Questions and feedback
- If this Privacy Notice changes, the revised privacy notice will be posted here. Please check back periodically, and especially before you provide any PII.
- This Privacy Notice was first posted on January 27, 2021.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue.Online Policy Only
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions
section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.Your consent